Welcome to Medway Neurological Network Website
Our AIM: To be the voice of all those affected by neurological conditions in Medway - a single point of access
- To defend and improve the quality of health and social care services available to those with neurological conditions
- To raise awareness of neurological conditions in Medway and the support services that are available
- To campaign for improved disability services and facilities
- To promote and support services/ therapies/ research projects aimed at improving health & wellbeing, e.g. Medway Skylarks
Our Participants: Currently we have 13 neurological charities and support groups participating in our Network, and we are also fully engaged with 11 major service providers in Medway. All of our participants are invited to attend our quarterly Steering Group meetings. For a full list of our participants, and links to their websites, please see our Participants page.
To view or download our MNN Flyer, please click HERE.
Our Contacts: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: Medway Neurological Network Twitter: @medwayneuro1
Please click on the images below to find out about our Activities, Medway Skylarks - click here for Skylark's videos, and our Awareness Events.
Find out about our Neuro-cafes, our campaigns, and our planned events e.g. Medway Neuro-Arts Festival, 19-21 July 2019.
We help organise & promote this singing & movement (Sing to Beat Parkinson's) group, that has proven therapeutic benefits - see our videos.
1. Medway Neurological Network Neuro-cafes: are on a summer break during August. A new programme will be published for the Autumn, starting in September.
2 Medway Skylarks HYBRID Face-to-face/ Zoom sessions are CLOSED over the summer holidays, resuming on 3 September. Please go to the Skylarks tab to see more information and videos of past performances.
3. Garden Party - NVDi in Action: Raising awareness of Non-Visible Disabilities and showcasing the work of the Medway Non-Visible Disability Initiative (NVDi): Eastgate Gardens 22 July. For a report please visit MedwayNVDi.org.uk.
4. Canterbury Cantata Trust celebrated its 10 Anniversary with a 'Caring Through Singing' event (see flyer) that took place on 30 April at the famous Colyer-Fergusson Hall, University of Kent. The Trust developed the evidence-based 'Sing to Beat Parkinson's' therapy used by Skylarks music & movement therapy groups. Medway Skylarks participated in this event. This event was live-streamed and a recording can be viewed using this LINK. This event is raising funds for the new Parkinson's Centre for Integrated Therapy, Canterbury; to mak e a donation, please click Here .
5. Medway & Swale Health & Care Partnership: To see the July 2022 newsletter please click HERE.
6. Rare Disease Day Event, 28 February: Medway Neurological Network helped The European School of Osteopathy, Boxley, Kent organise this event. The Deputy Lieutenant of Kent and the Mayor of Maidstone presided and speakers addressed a range of neurological conditions, including: Chromosome Abnormality, Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia, Motor Neurone Disease, and Young Onset Parkinson's Disease. Information stalls provided further information on these, and other rare conditions. To see KMTV coverage of the event, please click HERE.
7. Medway Neurological Network AGM - was held on Tuesday 1 March, on the Zoom platform. It was decided to further explore changing status from a Community Support Group to a Charity or other incorporated organisation. In this regard MNN is looking for volunteers to act as Trustees; if you are interested in this opportunity and would like to find out more, please email: email@example.com.
8. Medway NHS Foundation Trust (Medway Maritime Hospital. Please click HERE to see the Summer 2022 edition of News@Medway, on the green.
Summer Fun Day: Friday 12 August, 11am to 2pm, on the green outside the Education Centre. Music, Arts & Crafts, Knitting, Raffle, Cakes, Jumble Sale and more. Please click HERE to see the flyer.
9. Medway Voluntary Action: To see the latest MVA Volunteer Bulletin, March 2022, please click HERE.
10. Kent & Medway CCG
Community Bulletin: Please click Here to see issue 58, 23 June 2022. All the latest on Coronavirus and health services in Kent and Medway.
11. Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) Webinar: Phil Bungay participated in this webinar, hosted by NHS England. It included talks by: Geogina Carr, the CEO of the Neurological Alliance; Wendy, who gave an talk on being a patient living with Dystonia; Dr Jason Price a Consultant Neurophycologist at the James Cook Hospital in Middlesbrough; Dr Michael Dilley from the Wolfeson Neuro-reabilitation Services at St Georges Hospital; SW London, and Phil a person living with Parkinson's. This webinar was part of the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) programme by NHS England. The IAPT programme began in 2008 and has transformed the treatment of adult anxiety disorders and depression in England. To access this very interesting webinar please click HERE.
12. Neurological Alliance has published:
i). Neurological Alliance Newsletter, 26 November 2021 - please click Here.
ii). The findings of the Patient Experience Survey, see Here for the Key Findings and Here for the Policy Report. Thank you to all those who participated in this survey.
iii). Neuro-Numbers 19, giving the latest incidence figures for neurological conditions - click Here to see this report.